Pearland Archery Club
Dates: March 24th, 31st, April 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
COST: $125 for 6 weeks
Explore! Archery is a fun way for participants 8 years and older to learn the basics of Olympic Target Archery in a comfortable indoor air conditioned setting. Participants will learn basic shooting form and technique, learn about archery equipment, practice range safety / procedures and have a ton of fun doing it!
Explore! Archery programs are taught by certified USA Archery Instructors of the Greater Pearland Archery Club (GPAC). All equipment will be provided. Arm Guards are included in the price of the Course ($5) and will be the participant's to keep and bring to each class.
Explore! Archery Beginner Course is required to move into the JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Development) and AAP (Adult Archery Program) programs of Pearland Archery Club. These programs have expanded shooting opportunities and competitions. We welcome all that complete this course to enroll in our club programs.
Due to COVID-19 we have implimented some additional requirements/rules for this course.
The safety of the participants and coaches are our priority.
Rules for this course:
- Minimum Age is 8 years old.
- Participants MUST be fever free and not have had any COVID/Sickness symptoms. If you are feeling ill, please do not participate.
- Range is limited to 8 archers per session. (Subject to change, as we are able)
- No parents or guests allowed in building. (We can make exception to this on a case by case basis. Discuss with Instructor on first night.)
- Participants shall sanitize hands upon entry. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Archers shall distance themselves from others at all times.
- Follow Coach/Volunteer instructions at all times, listening and being alert.
- Follow all range safety rules and help keep range picked up and clean.
- Participants will wear masks while not actively shooting.
- No Open Toed Shoes (sandals, Crocs, flip flops) are allowed. No exceptions.
- Long Hair shall be tied back in pony tail or cliped back.
- No earrings, necklaces or other jewlery. These could get caught in Bows/String.
- No loose clothing.
Participant shall arrive at 5:45pm, enter building, sign in and prepare to start session. Session will begin at 6pm. Please Be ON TIME!
Session will end promptly at 7pm. Particpant should then clean up, put away gear and exit building. Participants shall exit building by 7:10pm. Parents may enter building at 7pm to get their child. Please help keep us on schedule, we have a second session that starts immediately after the 6pm group finishes.
Make Up Days:
Explore! Archery session moves quickly. It is 6 days of learning new things each night. If you have to miss a session, please speak to the head coach. We do not offer Make-Up days for Explore Archery. We will make all effort to ensure participant can learn all skills taught in session.
No Refunds Will Be Given after 1 week priot to start.
If cancelled before this time, a 10% cancellation fee applies. Pearland Archery Club will issue any refunds via check. If cancelled after cut off date, a credit will be applied to future Session sign up.
Pearland Archery Club reserves the right to remove any participant from the session and/or program for not following all safety instructions/rules. If removed for safety reasons, no credit will be given for future sessions. Coaches correct and teach safety continuously and expect each participant to follow safety rules at all times.
Pearland Archery Club provides Bows and Arrows for use in all our programs. When participants move into our JOAD/AAP Programs buying personal equipment or using your own is an option. Archery equipment can be very expensive, please ask question and learn before purchasing.
Note: Your name and Child's name will NOT be visible in Sign Up Genius to others.
Please download forms below and bring to range on first day. COVID questionnaire should be updated weekly.
|| Pearland Archery Club