Good Water Master Naturalists
We are gathering to give the flower beds, trees, and shrubs @ Berry Springs Park & Preserve the TLC they love and deserve. It is also time to enjoy the fellowship of other volunteers and feast with a wonderful potluck luncheon to reward yourself for your hard work.
Work Day Information:
- Signing Up for the Fall Clean-Up: Master Naturalist & Individuals should email Susan Blackledge at [email protected] to let her know you will be there so she can assign you a work area. Then go to the Pot Luck sign up genius link for the luncheon sign up. Read info. below under pot luck information. Master Gardeners can go to the Master Gardener VMS General Event Calendar and click on Oct.5, 2019 Clean Up, Pot Luck Luncheon and sign up by clicking on Volunteer for Event at the end of the announcement information. Or you can sign up by emailing [email protected] and let her know you are coming.
- Meet at the Tonkawa Pavilion located on top of the hill across from the restrooms at 8:30 am. If you coming later or have other circumstances than please let Susan know by email.
- What to Bring: Bring a hand pruning tool, weeding tool, loppers, sharpshooter shovel or hand spade, work gloves, and a water bottle. (You may not need all of these tools depending on which area you are assigned to after you sign up.) We do have some tools available but may not have enough for all.
- Dress for the weather and for working outdoors.
- Sat. Oct. 12th is our Rain Date for the event. You will be notified by email should the date change for the event.
Pot Luck Information:
- Please sign up under the food category you are bringing.
- If not attending the Pot Luck meal, sign up under the "Not Attending" category so we don't harass you about what to bring!)
- Bring serving utensils and put your name on your utensils/container.
- We have electricity at the pavilion for hot dishes; bring an extension cord if needed.
- If you are bringing something that needs to stay cold please put it in an ice chest w/ice. We will have some ice available on site to keep things cool but not enough to ice down everything including drinks.
- Lemonade and ice water will be provided.
We need everyone's help to clean the pavilion after the luncheon, then we will continue to work til 3:30 pm.
Master Naturalists: The following VMS information pertains to your VMS not the Master Gardeners VMS .
VMS: Please report volunteer hours to one of the following Berry Springs Park opportunities (based on the activity performed) including up to 1 hour of travel time. Indicate work assignment in the comments.
Tree trimming, fence removal, trail work/maintenance, park clean-up, etc.
NPA: Berry Springs Park and Preserve
Invasive removal, prairie restoration, seed spreading, etc.
RM: Berry Springs Park and Preserve
Food for the potluck
CB: Administrative Work/Hospitality
If you have questions about the Clean Up Event contact Susan Blackledge @ [email protected] or call 512-930-0040.
For questions about the Pot Luck Luncheon contact Tonja Hamel @ [email protected] or call 207-949-2082
8:30am - 3:30pm CDT
Berry Springs Park & Preserve, 1801 CR 152, Georgetown, Tx. 78626
|| Tonja Hamel & Susan Blackledge