Massachusetts Horticultural Society is allowing volunteers into The Gardens at Elm Bank for solitary gardening with recommendations set by the state of Massachusetts due to Covid-19. Please read the new restrictions below before signing up and the TWO ATTACHMENTS/FILES on this page! Thank you!
- Kindly bring your own tools if you own the following items: mask, gloves, stirrup hoe or equivalent (optional if you own: rake, weeding knife/hand trowel. Label your gardening tools with your name in brightly colored tape and keep your gardening tools with you at all times.
- Tasks will include weeding, hoeing, clean-up and limited mulching, edging.
- Volunteer location, tasks and methods will be instructed to you upon arrival, we cannot fulfill garden requests at this time.
- A household that is co-habiting together please sign-up for one volunteer slot together and specify how many are coming under your household.
- The Volunteer Protocol and updated Volunteer Application and Waiver must be read/signed and returned to Mass Hort (see files attached), either via email or at the Gatehouse.
- MEET AT GATEHOUSE by front entrance, please arrive on time!
So, how can you help?
1. Sign up for a shift below. You will receive email reminders and notifications about your shift. As a courtesy to staff and others that may wish to sign up, please notify us (through Sign Up Genius or by email) of any cancellations 24 hours prior to your shift. We will notify you by email if the session is cancelled.
3 Bring mask, water, a hat and sunscreen, gloves and tools. Wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes and comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather.
4. . Please proceed through the main gate and a Mass Hort Staff member will greet you from afar. Please arrive on time with a mask on you. ARRIVE on time please!
5. Volunteers who are 14-17 years old must be accompanied by a parent the entire time.
Thank you for beautifying the gardens and for donating your time to support our mission! We truly hope that this opportunity allows our wonderful volunteers to enjoy our beautiful garden as we adhere to the Covid-19 protocols.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact Claudia Pollard, Senior Horticulturist, at [email protected]
|| Massachusetts Horticultural Society