Mass Hort’s annual Festival of Trees at The Gardens at Elm Bank is a delight to visitors of all ages during the holiday season! This year, our 11th Annual Festival of Trees runs from the day after Thanksgiving, November 29, through Sunday, December 15th. In addition, this year we are extending our dates.
Once the Raffle of Trees is completed on December 15, we will open for two more weekends, December 20-22 and December 27-29 from 4:00 to 8:00PM for guests to come enjoy the holiday lights in the gardens, Snow Village and s’mores at the fire pit. (Please Note: there are no raffle trees during extended dates.)
The Festival of Trees, displayed in the Hunnewell Carriage House, offers beautifully decorated holiday trees that are donated and decorated by local businesses, garden clubs, and individuals. Visitors “vote” with their raffle tickets in hopes of being a tree winner on December 15. The Festival also includes visits from Santa, horse-drawn wagon rides (weekends only), and an extended holiday light show in the gardens.
A major feature of the Festival is Snow Village, housed in the west wing of the Education Building, which was generously donated by Bill Meagher of Needham. Model trains wind their way through villages and vignettes. Fenway Park is featured as well as a ski mountain, Santa in the sky, an amusement park, and Dickensian and New England villages.
This event, Mass Hort's largest fundraiser, would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. As a volunteer, you get a fascinating look at the show behind the scenes, support our fundraiser, meet new people with shared interests, and share in the delight and enjoyment of our visitors. We hope you will join us to welcome our visitors and help us raise vital mission-supporting funds for our gardens and educational programs!
Please check out our volunteer opportunities below and sign up for a shift or two. Bring friends!
A few reminders about volunteering:
1. Please meet us in the Hunnewell Building at the start of your shift. Holly Perry or Gretel Anspach will greet you and get you situated.
2. Bring a completed Volunteer Application and Release form with you, if you have not already done so this year. Volunteers should be 16 or older, if possible.
3. There is no secure storage available for personal items- we recommend you keep all wallets on your person.
4. Please refrain from using your cell phone while volunteering at the festival.
5. As a perk to volunteering, admission for you only is complimentry! Please enjoy the festival after or before your shift.
You can learn more about the Festival and Snow Village at https://masshort.org/festival-of-trees. If you have any questions about volunteering, please email Julie Griffin, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at [email protected] or call 617-933-4934 .