Learn about plants while helping Mass Horticultural Society care for its beautiful gardens! Our volunteers work with horticulturists to plant, prune, weed, mulch, rake, and water. Your help is vital to the success of the gardens. No experience necessary - we provide on-site orientation and training. It's a fun way to learn through service, meet new people and care for our environment.
There is a LOT to learn from working with us in the spring to help get the gardens ready for the visitor season! Come, learn, grow!
So, how can you help?
1. Sign up for a shift below. You will receive email reminders and notifications about your shift. As a courtesy to staff and others that may wish to sign up, please notify us (through Sign Up Genius or by phone) of any cancellations 24 hours prior to your shift. We will notify you by email and/or phone the evening before a shift if the session is cancelled due to weather.
2. Complete the Application and Release Form attached below and return it to [email protected] or bring it with you on your volunteer day.
3. Bring water, a hat and sunscreen. Wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes and comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather.
4. Please bring gardening gloves, pruners and trowel, if you have them. If you have/need a kneeling pad, please feel free to bring it.
5. Attached are directions to the gardens and a garden map. Please meet staff in the designated garden at the start of your shift.
Staff Contact Information:
Hannah Traggis, Mass Hort Senior Horticulturist, 772-708-8305 (cell)
David Fiske, Mass Hort Garden Curator, 617-835-6365 (cell)
6. Have fun! Thank you for beautifying the gardens and for donating your time to support our mission!
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact Amy Rodrigues, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at [email protected], 617-933-4934 or 781-408-9174 (cell).
Thank you for volunteering at The Gardens at Elm Bank!
|| Amy Rodrigues