Creative Cauldron Auditions
Creative Cauldron will be holding auditions on Monday, January 14 from 7pm – 10 pm for the following roles:
Thunder Knocking on the Door
A Bluesical Tale of Rhythm and the Blues
By Keith Glover Music and Lyrics by Keb Mo’ and Anderson Edwards
(Rehearsals begin Jan 28. Performances Feb 14 – Mach 10)
- JAGUAR DUPREE SENIOR (African American Male 40s – 50s) The Father
- DREGSTER DUPREE (The Suitor)*Doubles as Jaguar Sr.
- GOOD SISTER DUPREE (African American Female 40s – 50s) The Mama
A world premiere musical by Matt Conner and Stephen Gregory Smith
(Rehearsals begin April 15, 2019 Performances May 2 – May 26, 2019)
- FRANK CONRAD (30s – 40s) Male - A sleepy genius, exhausted, yet compelled to keep working on his latest inventions, he is totally consumed with figuring out a way to communicate to the masses. Yet he can't seem to connect with his family.
- RADIO VOICE - (40’s - 50’s) - An observer and narrator of the piece. Serves as the “GOD” voice, but also as older Frank.
- MALE NEIGHBOR - (30’s-40’s) - An everyman who plays many different parts throughout the night, but primarily is Frank’s best friend.
- FEMALE NEIGHBOR - (30-40) - An everywoman who plays many different parts throughout the night, but primarily Flora’s best friend.
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
(Rehearsals begin May 13 Performances May 2 - June 26, 2019)
- GASTON (30’s – 40’s) The egotistical, ultra-masculine villain determined to marry Belle. He is manipulative yet charming and earnest. Vocal Range top: E4 Vocal Range bottom: A2
Auditioners should prepare 16 bars in a 20s/30s jazz or blues style number and bring sheet music for accompanist.
|| Creative Cauldron