UPDATE 11/13/20 - THANK YOU! We have met the need for "Thanksgiving bags of non-perishable food" for our 150 families at London Towne Elementary! Unfortunately, all of the "asks" for help with turkeys have not worked out. We urgently need $20 Grocery Store Gift Cards to give to these families to purchase a turkey (and maybe have a little left for milk, eggs, or other needs). If you did not get a chance to sign up for a "non-perishable bag" PLEASE pick up a grocery store gift card for a turkey! If you work at an office which may have a "charity fund," please ask if your employer could buy several gift cards. Thank you for your help! Please see below to sign up for a $20 Grocery Store Gift Card (Walmart, Giant, Wegmans cards are preferred). Please "drop off" the food and the gift cards on Saturday, November 21, from 10am-2pm, at the Virginia Run Community Center (15355 Wetherburn Ct, Centreville, VA). Please wear a mask and maintain a 6ft social distance. Thank you!!!
Thanksgiving meal for London Towne Families. Please sign up to provide a bag of either non-perishable food (items needed listed below). Click on the button to sign up (please note: "one slot" on the signup = 1 bag of Thanksgiving food for a family). Thank you!
This signup is intended to offer a way to help our neighbors in need at London Towne Elementary School which has over 400 students on the free/reduced lunch program. The school staff is concerned there could be 150 families or more who "slip through the cracks" this year with the changes in local food distributions due to COVID restrictions. Some pantries are only serving their own clients; some of the London Towne families are not clients. If you are able to provide a bag of Thanksgiving food for a family in need, please sign up to help.
- One "slot" on the signup = 1 bag of Thanksgiving Food
- Signing up to bring a bag of Thanksgiving food is a commitment. We will count on your donation for these families. Please only sign up for what you can provide.
- Please don't substitute food or add to this list so that everyone receives the same food. It's okay to use different brands.
- Please deliver the Thanksgiving Food Bag on Saturday, November 21, from 10am - 2pm, to the Virginia Run Community Center parking lot (15355 Wetherburn Ct, Centreville, VA 20120). Look for the Spencer Marker moving truck for a drop off location. Please wear masks.
Thanksgiving Food Needed and Quantity of Items to Feed a Family:
- Reusable Shopping Bag (sturdy and large size as everything must fit)
- Canned Vegetables (6 cans) (carrots, corn, peas, mixed, or a variety; no green beans)
- Instant Mashed Potatoes - (1) 13.75 oz box
- Gravy (3 gravy packets will fit best or 2 cans)
- Stuffing (2 boxes or 1 twin pack)
- Canned Yams (1 large or 2 smaller)
- Can Cranberry Sauce (1)
- Canned Fruit (2 cans, any variety)
- Jello (1 6oz box or 2 smaller, any flavor)
- Cake Mix or Brownie Mix (1)
- Can of Frosting for Cake (1)
- Sugar - 1 small bag: 2-4lbs (not large please)
- Oil - 1 small bottle, 16oz - 32oz
- Chicken Broth (1 box)
- White Rice (1-2lb bag)
If your schedule or ability to provide a bag of Thanksgiving Food changes, please remove yourself from the sign up so that another person may help. If it is within one week of your donation dates, please email me so I can make sure it gets completed on time: Jennie Bush at [email protected]
Thank you for helping our neighbors have a wonderful Thanksgiving meal! #neighborshelpingneighbors