The Young Professionals Conservatory (YPC) is a comprehensive 10-month training program for students grades 7th through 12th who are interested in pursuing careers in professional theatre. YPC admittance is by audition, and auditions are held in the winter of each year for the following school year.
1) Two letters of recommendation
2) Copy of most recent report card
3) Up to 1 ½-minute monologue (memorized)
4) If interested in musical theatre, up to 1 ½-minute song (memorized with accompaniment recording on CD or mp3 device)
5) A recent photo or headshot
Resumes are optional, but are not required.
Audition slots are 1 hour long. Please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled hour and remember that a parent must be present for the informational meeting at the top of the hour with our School of the Arts Director and other members of the education Department. Please expect to be here for a full hour, although it may take less time. The audition will take place at Sacramento Theatre Company.
If you have any further questions please contact [email protected]
Sacramento Theatre Company
1419 H St, Sacramento, CA 95814