St. Bernard Academy - Inspired by Mercy
Volunteer with Art Club:
Sign up to donate food and/or help bag lunches for migrant families
Last week at least two buses arrived at the Nashville Greyhound station filled with immigrants recently liberated from the detention centers in Texas.
Families and children arrived hungry, sleep deprived, and sick. They arrived with no possessions. Some arrived and stayed. Some arrived but left for another destination. These families arrived in our hometown, and they will likely not be the last.
Heeding the call of the Sisters of Mercy to welcome them with empathy, compassion & humane treatment, the SBA Art Club is responding to this crisis and asking for your support.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Volunteer to help Art Club pack lunches on Mon. November 12th and Wed., November 14th from 3:15 - 4:00 p.m. in the Art Room.
2. Volunteer to donate food for the bag lunches.
3. Donate new or gently used items like: children’s coats & sweaters, water bottles, stuffed animal, small Hot Wheels cars, coloring book & crayons
4. Donate other needed items like: honey based cough syrup (daytime only), children’s Tylenol, Ginger Trips chewable tablets, and feminine hygiene products.
5. Sign up to meet the buses and assist families here. (This is not affiliated with SBA. This is organized through the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent DePaul in San Antonio, TX in conjunction with Interfaith Welcome Coalition.)
|| Stefanie Stricker