Interested in volunteering in the kitchen with Shobi's Table? Great! If you've been trained in, sign up below. (If not, no worries - first email Deacon Kari at [email protected], and she'll get you set up.)
***Updated COVID Protocol: Each shift may only have up to 3 members of ONE HOUSEHOLD at a time. Please have one person sign up, and tell us how many folks will be there in the comments.
Ages 12 and up are welcome to help! (Folks 12-18, please sign up with an adult, who counts as a volunteer... so, for example, 2 kids + 1 adult = 3 total volunteers)
Please come with closed-toed shoes, clean clothes and your hair restrained (hat, bandana, hair ties, etc.).
If you are feeling sick - Please stay home and let Deacon Kari know!
Available shifts are as follows:
Wednesday (1st shift): 2-4pm
Wednesday (2nd shift): 4-6pm
COVID Safety Protocol:
- STAY HOME if you feel unwell: If you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease, are immuno-compromised, have a higher chance of contracting the illness, or have been in contact with someone else who has (or may have), please stay home.
- LIMITED NUMBERS: Only 5 people are allowed in the kitchen and dish room at one time, so that physical distancing is possible. With Deacon Kari and one Assistant at all shifts, that leaves room for up to 3 more volunteers.
- ONE HOUSEHOLD AT A TIME: We have 3 open spots for every kitchen shift, but we ask that they only be filled by ONE household. No worries if it’s just one person! We’d rather have just one and be safe!
- WEAR A MASK: All volunteers will be required to bring and wear masks (any kind).
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: All volunteers practice physical distancing to the best of our ability. We move around a lot in the kitchen, and acknowledge that we are not always able to keep 6 feet of distance at every moment, but we do our best.
- GAPS between Shifts: On Wednesdays we have two shifts. To create a gap between volunteers, we will ask that the first group leave at 3:30pm.
You can expect to do some food prep, wash dishes, help keep the kitchen clean and have a good time while you're at it!
Come to Christ on Capitol Hill - 105 University Ave West, St Paul, MN 55103. You can park either in the Synod or Church parking spots. Please do not park in the state lots, as they are quick to ticket. If there is no space in the lot, you can find street parking or park in the Bethesda ramp.
The kitchen is in the basement of the church - email or call Deacon Kari when you arrive if you cannot get in.
Any questions? Email shobistable[email protected]
|| Shobi's Table