Interested in volunteering in the kitchen with Shobi's Table? Great! If you've been trained in, sign up below. (If not, no worries - first email Deacon Kari at [email protected], and she'll get you set up.)
Ages 12 and up are welcome to help! (Folks 12-18, please sign up with an adult, who counts as a volunteer... so, for example, 2 kids + 1 adult = 3 total volunteers)
Please come with closed-toed shoes, clean clothes and your hair restrained (hat, bandana, hair ties, etc.).
If you are feeling sick - Please stay home and let Deacon Kari know!
SHIFT TIMES: If you can't be there the whole time (e.g. if you work until 4pm) but still want to come, that works! Just email a staff member ([email protected]), and let us know so we can be prepared.
KITCHEN VOLUNTEERS vs. DISH WASHERS: Please choose the volunteer job you would PRIMARILY like to do. While we hope to fill most slots, we can't make any promises that if we only have a dish washer one day they will only do dishes. We may need you to come help in the kitchen. Dish Washers can arrive 30 minutes to 1 hour into the shift, as we don't usually have dishes to do until right away.
COVID Safety Protocol:
- STAY HOME if you feel unwell: If you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease, are immuno-compromised, have a higher chance of contracting the illness, or have been in contact with someone else who has (or may have), please stay home.
- LIMITED NUMBERS: Only 5 people are allowed in the kitchen and dish room at one time, so that physical distancing is possible. With Deacon Kari and one Assistant at all shifts, that leaves room for up to 3 more volunteers.
- HOUSEHOLDS: We have shifted from having only one household of volunteers per shift to allowing for multiple. If you would rather only have your household represented during your shift (to keep it to 3 households total with staff included), then please sign up for all available slots.
- WEAR A MASK: All volunteers will be required to bring and wear masks (any kind).
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: All volunteers practice physical distancing to the best of our ability. We move around a lot in the kitchen, and acknowledge that we are not always able to keep 6 feet of distance at every moment, but we do our best.
You can expect to do some food prep, wash dishes, do clean up tasks, and have a good time while you're at it!
Come to Christ on Capitol Hill - 105 University Ave West, St Paul, MN 55103. You can park either in the Synod or Church parking spots. Please do not park in the state lots, as they are quick to ticket. If there is no space in the lot, you can find street parking or park in the Bethesda ramp.
The kitchen is in the basement of the church - call the Abundance Kitchen phone number (651-377-8761) when you arrive to be let in.
Any questions? Email [email protected]
|| Shobi's Table