Congregation Shomrei Emunah
Shomrei feeds needy people every Tuesday. Help us prepare a hearty takeaway meal.
Lynne Kurzweil, (201) 341-6866 mobile, [email protected]
Aileen Grossberg, (862) 202-0227 mobile, [email protected]
Click here for the MESH Handbook
Click "sign up" next to your chosen slot and then click the big "submit and signup" button at the bottom of the screen.
Volunteers please keep in mind when planning your menu and schedule that food needs to be packed and ready by 3:40pm to be delivered to the Salvation Army at 4:00.
Food prepared at home must be made with kosher certified ingredients if it requires heating and/or packing at Shomrei. It must be dropped off at Shomrei no later than 3:00 for reheating or 3:30 if ready to be portioned and packed.
Food prepared and packed at home and delivered directly to the Salvation Army must be kosher style (no pork products, shellfish, mixed dairy and meat). Delivery is by 4 pm.
The Grab & Go Meal will consist of the following components:
• Main Dish (Frozen Fish Sticks/Filets, Meatloaf/Meatballs, Macaroni &Cheese, Vegetable Lasagna/Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Baked/Roasted-not too saucy, Hearty Sandwich- Turkey, Tuna, Grilled Chicken)
• Side- Salad/Vegetable/Grain
• Bread/Roll (If Main is not a sandwich)
• Dessert- Cookie/Cake/Brownie
• Fruit-Apple/Orange/Banana/Individual Fruit Cup or pudding
• Snack- crackers/ breakfast bars
8 oz water bottle (available at Shomrei)
Please check foods available at Shomrei before you shop. We want to eliminate duplicating items.
- No more than 4 people in the kitchen at one time. NO KIDS. No walk-ins.
- Masks and gloves must be warn by all volunteers at all times.
- Only fully vaccinated may volunteer.
|| Lynne Kurzweil