John Baldwin Families
As you already know this year has been quite a change from the normal school year! Typically the Cougar Ed Fund holds an amazing spring fundraiser auction event, and as with most things this will not be possible this year. The Ed Fund would like to keep the spirit of this event alive by holding an online auction and featuring class baskets.
We need your help! We are looking for parent volunteers from each class to coordinate a class basket. This responsibility will include picking a class basket theme and gathering items or money from classroom families to fill the basket.
Please select a theme from the options below, or come up with your own! Please list your theme in the comment section so others will know what options are available.
Thank you so much for your help and we look forward to a great event to support our kids!
Auction Basket Ideas List
1. It's a Date!: You pick the theme. Gift cards for restaurants, movie tickets(?), popcorn, bowling, go-karting (or any activity that could be used for a date).
2. Weekend Getaway: Let's start with a romantic basket! Voucher to a hotel, or bed and breakfast. Include champagne, wine, cheese and other snacks. Plus vouchers for activities near the Hotel: Spa, tour guides, hiking/riding/cycling, etc. Add a gas gift card for the trip.
3. Wine Lovers: A favorite silent auction basket that is very simple to put together! Have a selection of red and white wines, plus snacks to go with the wines, like cheese and crackers, etc. And what about a bottle opener, a wine reference book, a 'wine with food' reference book, voucher to local winery or tasting event, and an ice bucket.
4. World of Wines: Same as the above, but with a selection of different wines from around the world!
5. Pet Lovers: Themed towards a specific type of pet - Cat, dog, bird, or horse, etc. Have a selection of pet toys, snacks, food, and a voucher for the local vet. Didn’t everyone get a puppy this past year?!
6. Camping Crazy! This is a popular item! You could have a simple basket with just the basics, or a high end one that includes a tent and accessories.
7. Spa at Home: Bath gels, lotions, facial kit, bathrobe, fluffy slippers, massage products, and a pedicure kit, etc.
8. Hair Affair: For hair lovers! Have a selection of hair care products - shampoos, conditioners, gels, hair spray, comb/brushes, hair clips, etc or a giftcard to a salon for blow outs.
9. Beach Bums: Let's have some fun in the sun!!! This auction gift basket will need sunscreen, beach towels, umbrella or beach tent, bucket and beach shovels, frisbee, snorkel and flippers, boogie boards, disposable waterproof camera, and a cooler box.
10. Car Care: Car wash vouchers, car wash products, inner air fresheners, and seat covers, etc.
11. Golfing Galore: There will always be golf fanatics at any auction. So put together a basket with - balls, golf tees, an umbrella, sunglasses, golfing glove, cap, golfing magazines, vouchers to local courses, and a free session with a golfing instructor, etc.
12. Aromatherapy: A basket full of a variety of essential oils and/or candles and accessories - Like candle holders, matches or lighters, candle making kit, and candle making books, diffusers, oils, books on aromatherapy.
13. Death by Chocolate: Yum! This one's a real treat. Have an assortment of Chocolates and gourmet chocolates. Be creative and have a few rare, weird and wonderful products!
14. Gourmet Coffee: For the coffee lovers! You could include a coffee machine, a variety of filter coffee packs, espresso coffee packs, milk frother, coffee plunger, and gourmet or rare coffees!
15. Cultural Food Baskets: Pick a culture like Italian, Thai, Indian, or Zulu (or a few cultures, for a few different baskets), and create a basket of food items, jewelry, cultural books, tourist books, curios, and artwork, etc.
16. Gym Junkies: For this heavy lifting silent auction basket idea, you could use - Dumbells, resistance bands, exercise mat, sweat towels, sweat bands, gym subscription, voucher for personal trainer session, stability ball, bosu ball, and training DVDs. Or add a few gift cards for training sessions from one of our local work out gurus.
17. Athlete in Training: Similar to the above basket but with a specific sport in mind. For example, cycling - with gift cards to cycle shops, cycling helmet, spare tire tubes, pump, and bike repair kit, etc.
18. The Bakers Basket: This one is for those who love to bake! You could include oven gloves, flour, baking powder, choc chips, nuts, icing sugar, cocoa powder, cookie/muffin pan, recipe for ingredients in basket, and recipe book for baking, etc. Just think of all those fabulous decorating tools you never buy but wish you did!
19. Barbeque Blitz: Another favorite! Use a small barbecue as the actual basket - with tools, sauces, spices, tongs, recipe books, and meat vouchers.
20. Global Beers / Drinks: An assortment of beers and drinks from around the world!
21. Potting About in the Garden: Seeds, pot plants, gardening magazine subscriptions, gardening books, tools, gloves, hanging baskets, and vouchers to garden shops/or Home Depot.
22. Come Bike or Hike with me!: Maps, water bottles, blankets, walking poles, backpack(s), hiking snacks, headlamp, safety first aid kit essentials, picnic basket and maybe throw in a gift card for some yummy sandwiches or salads to bring along.
23. Mothers Day in a Basket! This is a one stop shot for mom this year! All her local favorites, wine, accessories, jewelry
24. Gamers Dream!: What every video gamer dreams about! Nintendo Switch Gamecard, Fortnite-V bucks, Roblox- Robux, gamer headset, gamer controller, gamer bean bag chair, etc.