Seabrook Sailing Club Youth Program
The Seabrook Sailing Club Youth Program is structured around “learn and sail” sessions in which children get hands-on sailing experience under the supervision of Youth Committee instructors and parent helpers during our Spring, Summer, and Fall clinics on Saturdays and Sundays. The program fosters self-confidence, independence, and responsibility, with the main goal of the program being to teach the young sailors to be completely comfortable and independent in a sailboat. The clinics will focus on sailing technique and skill, for example, rigging (beg/int), knot tying (beg/int), capsizing (beg/int), mark rounding (int), tacking (beg/int), jibing (int), and getting out of irons (beg/int). The clinics will also focus on sailing terminology, such as the points or sail (beg/int), or parts of the sailboat (beg/int).
We highly recommend signing up for as many as your child can attend in order to develop and retain their sailing skills.
Intermediate Sessions are geared for sailors that:
- Can safely and competently sail a boat out of the harbor and return to the harbor
- Can right their boat by themselves
- Know how to rig the boat they are sailing (although they may require assistance)
- Know the difference between a tack and jibe
- Are familiar with sailing terms and the parts of a sailboat
* A parent or guardian is encouraged to participate in the intermediate session with their child or another child.
Beginner Sessions are geared for sailors that:
- Do not meet the Intermediate criteria
- Recommended minimum age is 7
* A parent or guardian is strongly encouraged to participate in the beginner session with their child or another child.
- Seabrook Sailing Club Members - free
- Non-members - $30 per child per session *
* Parents of non-members must remain on-site during the session
Items to bring:
Seabrook Sailing Club
- Life jacket (required)
- Whistle (required)
- Water shoes (required)
- Hat (recommended)
- Sunscreen (required)
- A change of clothes and towel (recommended)
1010 Todville Rd, Seabrook, TX 77586
|| Youth Program Seabrook Sailing Club