Seabrook Sailing Club Youth Program
Seabrook Sailing Club offers Youth Sailing Clinics for both Beginner and Intermediate sailors ages 7 and up. Spots are limited by the number of boats available, so please sign up below if you wish to attend. Additional information can be found on the SSC Youth Sailing page.
This year, we will hold a Spring and Fall clinic (each a Saturday and Sunday) and a one one-day Summer clinic (a Saturday). Also, we will explore Friday evening family/child sailing in June and July to coincide with the Kemah fireworks.
We highly recommend signing up for as many as your child can attend in order to develop and retain their sailing skills.
Intermediate Clinics are geared for sailors that:
- Can safely and competently sail a boat out of the harbor and return to the harbor
- Can right their boat by themselves
- Know how to rig the boat they are sailing (although they may require assistance)
- Know the difference between a tack and jibe
- Are familiar with sailing terms and the parts of a sailboat
- Minimum age is 7
Beginner Clinics are geared for sailors that:
- Do not meet the Intermediate criteria
- Minimum age is 7
- SSC Members - free
- Non-Members - $25 (per session)
A Parent must remain on-site during each clinic session with their child(ren).
Due to the limited number of Sunfish and Laser spots available, these spots are reserved for SSC members. One week prior to the clinic date, any remaining Sunfish and Laser spots will be opened to non-members.
Optimist spots are open to both members and non-members.
Items to bring:
- Life jacket (required)
- Whistle (required)
- Water shoes (required)
- Hat (recommended)
- Sunscreen (required)
- A change of clothes and towel (recommended)
Seabrook Sailing Club
1010 Todville Rd, Seabrook, TX 77586
|| Youth Program Seabrook Sailing Club