Food Lifeline is dedicated to eliminating food waste and solving hunger within the community. They rescue millions of pounds of nutritious food from farmers, manufacturers, grocery stores, restaurants, and retailers that would otherwise go to waste. 13,450 volunteers visit their Hunger Solution Center annually to help sort and repack this nourishing food. Food Lifeline then distributes it to more than 300 food banks, shelters, and meal programs throughout Western Washington, providing the equivalent of 116,000 meals every day for hungry children, adults, and seniors. www.foodlifeline.org.
- Projects take place in a cool warehouse. Please dress in warm layers and wear close toed shoes.
- Volunteers must be able to stand for the full session and light lifting and some bending may be required.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, with at least 1 adult for every 5 children
Age restrictions: Kids must be 6+.
To register to volunteer at Food Lifeline:
- Select Sign Up button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit and Sign Up button.
- Fill out your contact information as indicated.
9:00am - 11:30am PDT
815 S 96th St,, Seattle, WA 98108 (Ages 6 and over welcome)