2022 Day of Service
Bike Works relies on bike donations to run a social enterprise shop, youth & adult programs, and community bike giveaways. We accept any and all donations of bikes, parts, and accessories, regardless of value or condition. We process between 6,000 – 8,000 bike donations every year – that’s about 250,000 pounds diverted from the waste stream in the form of clean, reliable transportation!
Learn more at: www.bikeworks.org
The job: Unload bikes from people's cars that are dropping them off at the site. Reload them into trucks that will drive them to Seattle. We also need people to volunteer, with their truck, to drive bikes. Volunteers are also needed to stand by 228th Ave NE, with signs, to draw people in.
- Some volunteers like to work with gloves.
- We will be outside so please dress for the weather.
- If you think you will be thirsty or hungry please remember to bring some water and a snack.
- Wearing closed toed shoes is best while working around the bikes.
If you need community service hours, the form is below. Print it out and bring with you for the Event Captain to sign.
Have a bike to donate:
- Prior to May 14th: Drop them off at 21626 SE 28th Street, Sammamish, WA 98075 (Leave on sport court)
- May 14th: Drop them off at CWU Campus: 120 228th Ave NE, Sammamish, WA 98074 between 9 am and 2 pm.
To Sign Up for a Volunteer spot:
- Select Sign Up button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit and Sign Up button.
- Fill out your contact information as indicated.
|| Anita Bechtel