In order to keep everyone as safe as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have updated volunteer criteria. Please read through the list below. If you meet all the criteria, you may sign up for a shift. If you are unsure of any of these criteria, please call us at 319-626-2711. Once you sign up, you are agreeing to abide by these criteria for the remainder of the sign-up period. By signing up, you are assuming all risks associated with any possible exposure to COVID-19. If you are exposed to COVID-19 at any time during the sign-up period, you MUST notify Pantry staff immediately.
Temporary Volunteer Criteria:
- Self-report as having no symptoms or illness in the past 14 days (not even sniffle or sore throat). We will send you with a short Self-Report Health Form for you to fill out before each shift you work. You can also access the self-report form by clicking [HERE].
- Have not had any recent known exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- Feel confident with the level of exposure you will have while working with community memebers at the Pantry (please note that if you are immunocompromised, pregnant, or if you have any long-term health conditions you are most at-risk).
- Currently are and have been following CDC guidelines (social distancing, wearing a face mask in public, have not been in groups of 10 or more in the past week).
Please review the information before arriving for your shift:
- Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing and shoes (we are outside rain or shine).
- Wash hands and put on gloves and a face mask as soon as you arrive (gloves and masks provided). All volunteers must wear a face mask and gloves.
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
If you do not meet these new criteria, please know we wish you were able to help out, but the health and safety of you, your family, and the families who shop with us are our top priorities during this public health crisis. Thank you for understanding!