THE SUMMIT EXPERIENCE HIGH ADVENTURE PROGRAM
This is a broad-interest high adventure program for participants who want to try everything. It is a seven-day/six-night program running Sunday to Saturday. It consists of half-day introductory level experiences at each of The Summit’s adventure sports venues – The Canopy, The Rocks, Low and High Gear, The Park, The Trax, The Bows, The Barrels, Bravo Lake, and The Ropes; which provide adventures in: BMX, skateboarding, mountain biking, zip lines, canopy tours, challenge courses, climbing, shooting sports and more.
In addition, each group will perform a half-day service project and have the chance to ride The Big Zip – our 3/4 mile zip line. Each night (Monday-Friday), we will open the Scott Summit Center for activities, fun and socializing. The Scott Summit Center incorporates small versions of our adventure sports venues.
An optional whitewater rafting trip can be substituted for the Bravo Lake activity for an additional fee.
Summit Experience Overview Video click here.
The Summit Bechtel Reserve: 2550 Jack Furst Drive Glen Jean, WV 25846
- Saturday, July 7, 2018: Depart from Huntington Woods via parent/leader automobile. Overnight stay at Summit.
- Details of where and when to meet on Saturday, July 7, 2018 will be sent out prior to the event.
- Sunday-Saturday, July 8-14th: Summit Experience
- Saturday, July 14th: Return to Huntington Woods.
The Summit Experience is open to registered Scouts and Venturers who are at least 13 years old by the September 1 of the year they attend and their registered leaders.
The minimum group size is seven with the majority being youth members. There is no maximum group size.
The Summit provides tents, cots and all program equipment for your unit. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the Summit dining hall. Shelf-stable lunches will be issued to accompany participants to their daily program venues.
- Summit Experience: $779
- Saturday night Summit Camping Fee: $35
- Transportation to and from HW: $50 estimate
- Meals on the Road (~4): $65 estimate
- Summit T-Shirt: $20 estimate
- Optional Whitewater Rafting (and photos): $70 ($65+$5)
TOTAL ESTIMATED COSTS: $949 - $1019(w/opt Whitewater Rafting)
- First payment of $475 – Due November 1, 2017
- Balance of $474 or $544 – Due March 1, 2018
- Make Check out to Troop 1292; or pay via PayPal on troop1292.com.
- All paid fees are non-refundable.
TROOP CONTACT: Rich Green - 248-506-9607 - [email protected]