What: A two day excursion down the Rifle River with one night of camping at a riverside campground.
Saturday, June 23:
- Depart from Huntington Woods Rec Center at 7:30am.
- Breakfast at McDonalds on the way.
- Arrive at Cole Canoe Base at 10:30am.
- Instructions and Shuttle up the river 21 miles to a drop-off point (Sagelake Road)
- Canoe and Camp Mid-way North Landing (~10mi)
Sunday, June 24:
- Packup Camp and Canoe the rest of the way back to Cole (~11mi)
- Arrive at Cole around 1-2pm.
- Arrive back in HW around 4-5pm.
Approximate Cost: $110 based on 6 scouts / 2 adults in canoes (2 / canoe).
Kayak Option: Kayaks are twice the cost since only one person per kayak. So please indicate if you want a kayak. It will be additional cost.
Reference Site: http://colecanoebase.com/high_adventure.php
Meet At HW Rec Center