Troop 1292 (2)
2019 SEA BASE OUT ISLAND ADVENTURE
MUNSON! Along with your assigned island mate, your crew will paddle a Polynesian war canoe more than 5 miles to a primitive barrier island located in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary for a primitive camping experience and epic high adventure!
Upon arrival at Big Munson Island, your crew will camp under a canopy of gumbo-limbo trees, mangroves, and lush vegetation. Endangered Key deer will pass through your campsite along with hermit crabs and Key Vaca raccoons. Each day will be action packed: Your crew will kayak from the island, board a large vessel to go snorkeling at the Florida Barrier Reef, shark sh, paddle to Munson Rocks for a night snorkel, and explore the largest wilderness on Earth—the ocean.
THIS IS A SIX-NIGHT, SEVEN-DAY ADVENTURE - 2019 Promotional Brochure
The Florida National High Adventure Sea Base
WHEN - Dates are NOW FINAL:
- Saturday, July 13, 2019: Depart from Detroit Metro Airport, Fly to Fort Lauderdale, Drive to Sea Base in the Keys.
- Sunday, July 14 - Saturday, July 20, 2019: Out Island Adventure
- Saturday, July 20, 2019: Drive to Airport and fly back to Detroit Metro Airport.
ELIGIBILITY and CREWS
- Must be registered member of BSA.
- Must be a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Must be at least 13 years old by arrival (July 14th, 2019) and in Good Health.
- Scouts, Eagles, and Adults are all welcome.
- The minimum crew size is six; maximum is eight. Can have multiple crews.
- Crew needs a minimum of 2 deep adult leadership (at least one 21 years old or older and one 18 years old or older).
- Ratio of Adults to Scouts within a crew cannot be greater than 1:1.
- Sea Base (based on 8-6 people/crew): $920-1220
- Saturday night Summit Camping Fee: $35 estimate
- Transportation to and from airports: $50 estimate
- Flights Detroit to Miami: $250-$350 estimate
- Adult Leader Wilderness First Aide and CPR Training: $50
- Misc: $100
TOTAL ESTIMATED COSTS: $1400 - $1700
- First payment of $200 – Due at Signup (no later than February 12, 2018)
- Second payment $200 – Due March 9, 2018
- Third payment $600 - Due Sept 1, 2018
- Final Payment approximately $650 - Due Dec 15, 2018 (final payment to be determined upon final crew size.
- Make Check out to Troop 1292; or pay via PayPal on troop1292.com.
- All paid fees are non-refundable.
TROOP CONTACT: Rich Green - 248-506-9607 - [email protected]
Sea Base High Adventure