Chicago Hawks Hockey Club
Achieve Sports Medicine is excited to offer the Chicago Hawks and Phantoms Hockey baseline concussion testing for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. Through the years, the Hawks and Achieve Sports Medicine have pioneered the way of other youth hockey organizations in concussion prevention, recognition and management. The Hawks and Phantoms values the significance of player safety and giving its athletes the highest quality of care.
As a result of current COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the state and Achieve Sports Medicine we have instituted the following protocol that must be followed.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- All children and parents must wear a mask prior to entering the facility
- Parent/guardian must remain outside or in the car after their child checks in at the front desk.
- Computers and tablets are spaced out appropriately to avoid close proximity with other athletes.
- Computers/tablets and mouses are wiped down after each use.
- There will be a contactless sign in process adminstered by our staff.
When you arrive for testing:
1) Please drop your child off at the front desk where they will be checked in by one of our staff members and brought back to begin the computerized baseline test on either a tablet or computer. Testing takes approximately:
15-20 minutes for athletes under 12 years old
25-30 minutes for athletes over 12 years old
2) After dropping your child off for testing, please feel free to wait outside or in the car until your child completes their baseline test.
3) Once your child's test is completed, they will take a seat in our lobby until a parent or guardian is ready to pick them up.
Baseline testing is FREE for all Hawks and Phantoms athletes and mandatory to complete prior to the start of the first game.
Please write in the comment section your child's full name and Date of Birth when signing up.
Achieve Sports Medicine
6300 Kingery Hwy Suite 204
Willowbrook IL 60527 (about 5 minutes away from Darien Sportplex)
If none of the times below works for your schedule. Please contact Kevin Morris at [email protected] to schedule a baseline test for your child.
Too often, a player does not have a baseline test on file when they receive head trauma. In the instance where a possible concussion does occur, baseline testing information provides critical information to the sports medicine team as to damage sustained, severity of concussion, progression of symptoms, and return to play status.
Baseline testing includes:
- A computerized Baseline ImPACT test used to measure level of symptoms, reaction time, verbal and visual memory, and processing speed.
- If injury does occur, a secondary ImPACT test is included free of charge.
All parents will receive a copy of an AT Home Care Instructions Sheet via pdf.
Achieve Sports Medicine
6300 Kingery Hwy Suite 204, Willowbrook, IL 60527