MLUC is scheduled to “virtually” host IHN families from January 17th - 24th. Since we are not able to physically shelter families during the pandemic, families will be emergency sheltering in IHN’s Norristown office on the 2nd floor Day Center and 3rd floor apartment, and as needed, in local hotels with our support. We are asking for volunteers to provide meals, groceries, or monetary donations for the families' sustenance during our hosting week. IHN is also extending supports to families who have already graduated from the program and found housing but may have lost their newly found jobs and are at risk of losing their shelter when the eviction moratorium ends. Our community has never needed IHN Main Line more. Sign up below. Go to www.IHNcares.org to learn more about the program.
Following are suggestions for needed goods and services:
- You may drop off hot, frozen, or ready to heat/cook meals and goods directly to IHN from Monday-Friday from 9-4pm. It would help if you could tell us in the signup (comments) the date that you will be delivering. Please also call IHN at 610-277-0977 on the day of the delivery to confirm and arrange curbside dropoff.
- You can also order a meal from a local establishment in Norristown and have it delivered to IHN. Call IHN at 610-277-0977 for local suggestions and to make arrangements.
- If you can only drop-off at the church, please make arrangements with Bob Batt at [email protected] for delivery to IHN.
- Monetary donations are welcome and may be mailed directly to IHN at 1449 DeKalb Street, Norristown, PA, 19401, or through their website, www.IHNcares.org.
- You can also access their Wishlist through the IHN website, and if you choose, you can even have goods sent directly from Amazon to IHN.
We'll provide more information about the families as we get closer to our hosting dates.
If you have any other ideas as to how our congregation can support these families during our hosting week, we are open to suggestions and ideas. Please contact us directly or at [email protected]
Bob Batt and Donna Monturo