St. Tikhon Mission is now open for limited attendance in our church building, and Holy Communion will be available outside in order to serve more Orthodox faithful. This is in addition to live online streaming of all services. Please read below for details and to sign up.
Where: St. Tikhon Orthodox Mission, 19035 Plaza Drive, Parker, Colorado
When: Sunday, November 29, 2020. Hours begin at 9:10 am and the Divine Liturgy begins at 9:30 am. The service concludes at approximately 11:15 am. Those who are coming only for Holy Communion should plan to arrive at 11:00 am, and no later than 11:30 am.
1. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE SERVICE:
- Spaces are limited. You must sign up below to reserve your slot.
- Please arrive on time. We will gladly hold your reserved seating for 15 minutes after the start of the service. If you arrive after this time and others are waiting, we may need to assign your place to someone else.
- A few openings in the sign-up below will accommodate 2-3 individuals from the same household (chairs are provided). If you have a group of this size, just sign up for the one slot and just make sure you do not come with more people (including children) than your space allows. Individuals can also use these slots if other seating is full - we do not need to fill every seat.
- Important Safety protocols - REQUIRED by the Diocese and our Hierarchs:
- Wear a protective mask at all times, except when approaching the Chalice to receive Communion (masks not required for clergy & choir while serving/singing only)
- Maintain social distancing using the 6-foot rule; chairs are arranged accordingly. Do not move chairs
- Check your temperature at home before coming. If you are not feeling well or you have a temperature above 100.4, you must stay home
- Do not kiss the Chalice, Icons, etc.
- Communicants are to wipe their lips with paper napkins (provided) then place used napkins in designated receptacle for eventual burning
- Please, no handling of candles. Candles will be lit for you by the greeter upon request when entering the church.
- Coffee hour and potluck are not possible at this time.
- At the end of the service when exiting, please be mindful that some may be waiting outside for Holy Communion outside the doors.
2. IF YOU ARE COMING FOR HOLY COMMUNION AFTER THE SERVICE:
- For anyone who cannot attend the service indoors because of spacing or for any other reason, please attend online and then come to church for the Holy Gifts which shall be offered at the door of the temple immediately after the service, no later than 30 minutes afterwards.
- As always, Holy Communion is for the Orthodox faithful who have been baptized and who have prepared for Holy Communion with a recent confession and fasted since midnight.
- Please do not enter the church building; remain outside and/or in the parking lot until the end of the service; maintain 6-foot distancing except for your own family or household group.
- See other safety protocols above (paper napkins and do not kiss the Chalice)
- Please sign up below in the COMMUNION AT DOOR section to let us know that you are coming
If you have any questions about the above information, please contact us by email at [email protected], or Father Alexander at 720-295-7715 or [email protected]