Jefferson Show Choir
The car wash is going ahead!
The Jefferson Show Choir Booster Club (JCBC) is sponsoring the annual car wash to help raise funds for the Jefferson Connection and JIVE Show Choir programs. The car wash kicks off the show choir year for students and family members. We are asking every family to support show choir by purchasing and selling tickets AND participating on the day of the car wash.
Date: 07/11/2020 (Sat.)
Car Wash Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm CDT (note difference from volunteer times)
Location: Thomas Jefferson High School parking lot
Ticket Sales: Each show choir family is expected to purchase 10 tickets (@$5.00 each) for a total of $50.00. We encourage you to sell the tickets to neighbors, friends and family prior to the event (to recoup your $50.00).
Day of the Event Participation Information:
Despite the unknowns, we have an approved plan to go ahead. Our car wash will look a little different, but at least we can still hold it. A few health and safety things to keep in mind:
* Please stick to the schedule. Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your shift and do not linger afterwards. We can only have 25 people total at a time. Only show up if you are signed up, and please let us know if you cannot be there. With a limited number of spots, we will need everyone who is signed up to make it work. Please do not sign up for more than one spot unless asked to do so. Note that Connection usually works in the morning and Jive works in the afternoon. If you can't make a shift with your goup, however, it's okay to sign up for a different shift.
* Bring a face mask, filled water bottle, sunscreen and hand sanitizer. We will try to encourage social distancing among everyone as well. We will have some bottled water, but we encourage people to bring a reusable bottle. We will NOT have the big jugs of water to refill water bottles due to health concerns.
* As representatives of Show Choir, we ask all members to wear a t-shirt and shorts/pants (no swimsuits) at all times.
* Not as many adults. In order to keep more spots open for kids, we are using fewer adults, so not every parent will participate. Please consider donating snacks, bottled water, hoses, or your power washer instead. We will use extra adults for set-up and clean-up.
* Extra power washers. You will see in the sign up that our plan includes using six power washers this year instead of four. This will allow for faster washing and rinsing with better social distancing. We would even love to have a back-up in case one breaks down.
* Please drop off any equipment or snacks around 9:00 am. Please pick up your equipment at 2:00pm.
Josh Ogaard is our car wash chair. You can contact him by email at: [email protected] or by cell on the day of the event at 612-419-1125. He will be there during set-up and clean-up.
Shannon Berg or Marcie Coval will be in the snack tent during the car wash hours.
In Case of Rain: We will cancel the car wash. However, if there is just a sprinkle of rain in the morning and weather clears, please show up.
If you are unable to purchase and pickup your tickets previously, please mail your $50.00 check and choose your volunteer slot on the sign-up genius.
- $50 made out to JCBC
- Include 'Car Wash' and your student's name on the check's memo line
- Mail check to: Marcie Coval, 10624 Russell Ave So, Bloomington MN 55431
- Text or call Marcie to arrange for ticket pick-up 952-220-8166
10:00am - 2:00pm CDT
Jefferson High School Parking Lot
|| Jefferson Choirs