Welcome to TrafficCast International's online BlueTOAD/BlueARGUS training system! After the great success of the last several training programs, with hundreds of participants, we are implementing a new format for this round of sessions.
This round we will focus on specific, real world examples and various use cases for your BlueTOAD data and BlueARGUS software. We will go over how the studies were set up and how you can apply the same use case to your system.
If you are interested in one or more of the upcoming online sessions listed below, simply select the session(s) that you would like to attend, click on "Submit and Sign Up" at the bottom of the page, and then enter your contact info on the following page.
Want to get a head start on your training? Check out our online BlueARGUS user manual: https://www.manula.com/manuals/trafficcast/blueargus-user-guide/1.0/en/topic/welcome
Need IMSA Continuing Education Units? Our courses qualify! Email Shannon Fain after a session to receive a certificate: [email protected]
Course #1 - How to Use BlueTOAD Data to Monitor, Measure, and Improve Travel Patterns for Major Events (festivals, concerts, games, celebrations, etc.)
- Using data and analysis from the 2018 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, learn how you can apply BlueTOAD data to major events in your area
- View the impact of various event traffic management implementations
- Discover the routes people use to get to and from the event and the travel-times associated with each
Course #2 - Using BlueTOAD Origin and Destination Data for Commuter Travel Pattern Studies
- What routes are people using to commute to/from work? Is it how you expected or, as is the case of this example, does the data provide a bit of a surprise?
- Confirm that the time, resources and budget dedicated to commuter traffic are being used efficiently and on the most utilized routes
Course #3 - Safety: How to use BlueTOAD Data to Help Control Speeding, including School and Work Zones
- Setup alarms within BlueARGUS to automatically notify you when speeds within a school zone or work zone exceed safe levels
- Have this warning alarm go out to other entities, such as local law enforcement agencies
- Use alarm frequency data to push for further safety measures, such as traffic calming, more signage, enforcement, etc.
- Utilize historical data to see if changes to the transportation network impacted speeds in the area
Course #4 - Identifying Seasonal/Calender-based Changes and their Associated Impact Using BlueTOAD Data
- Trying to decide if you should implement a different signal timing plan for when school is in session vs out? See how our data can tell you if there is a need before you exert the time, resources and budget
- Gauge the impact of the months with high tourism rates on your road network and perform a comparison with non-tourist months
- Study historical data, identifiy patterns and be prepared for holiday traffic, Black Friday traffic, traffic impacted by seasonal weather changes, etc
Course #5 - How to Use Before and After Data to Objectively Reveal the Impact of Transportation Projects
- Examine speed and travel time data before and after projects to quantify their impact and provide insight into their benefit/cost ratio
- Fulfill data requirements needed to properly gauge pilot studies and programs and the value of their implementation
- Examples include: signal retiming, new lanes, lost lanes, new signage, new lane markings, impactful developments, etc.
Course #6 - Day-One ROI: Currently Available Public and Private Sector V2X Smart City Applications
- A look at the TrafficCast suite of Connected Vehicle applications and roadside units available for use today.
- Includes Signal Phase and Timing (SPaT) data, Traveler Information Messages (TIM) and the already available, free, TravelSMART mobile app - how it works and how it fits into your Smart City implementation strategy.
- How combining the BlueTOAD Spectra travel-time system with Connected Vehicle applications provides a Day 1 ROI for an agency
Please sign up at least two (2) days before the date of the session. After you signup, you will receive a separate email with an invite to the session via the web conferencing tool UberConference within 24 hours.