Yoga @ the Parks has become a popular and accessible way for the experienced and those new to yoga to get out of the studio or gym and practice in nature and in community. It's no frills, open air and can be as playful as a day at the park!
Greeters are the welcoming face of the program and we seek 1 Greeter per month per park, with the exception of Washington Park, which Urban Ecology Center covers, and Klode Park is also covered already for 2019.
- Promote Yoga @ the Parks regularly through your own networks & neighborhood
- Place lawn signs strategically directed toward class by 8:30 am on class days (and retrieve them after class)
- Welcome each guest
- Request each guest sign the Guest/Waiver Log
- Request donations
- Complete the Compensation portion of the Guest/Waiver Log
- Pay yourself & the teacher from the donations immediately following each class
- We recommend bringing 15 to 20 single dollar bills to each class to make change. Keep track of accounting so when all is said and done you get all yours back.
- Remit the balance of donations to omTown Yogis after each class
- Submit Guest Welcome Kit, lawn signs and all completed Guest/Waiver logs to omTown Yogis at the close of your one-month term
- Consult with Teachers for rain-outs when weather is obviously uncooperative or seriously threatening. Announce decisions on omTown Yogis facebook page AND facebook event page by 8 am.
Greeters are provided with:
- Guest Welcome Kit (container for donations, clip board w/ waiver log forms, pens)
- Lawn signs
- New relationships and great outdoor yoga every Saturday morning!
REQUIRED READING FOR ALL GREETERS: