Thank you for your interest in providing a meal to youth at TGTHR! This is such a huge help to our staff and a home cooked meal for our program participants really means so much. Please read over the details below and reach out with any questions.
Meal Donation Instructions:
- Sign up for a date (or multiple) below to donate a meal at either Chase House (residential home in south Boulder for youth ages 12-18) or The Source (daytime drop-in center and overnight shelter for youth ages 12-24 in north Boulder).
- Make a meal in your home and place in disposable containers (bulk containers are fine)
- Please provide a main dish, side, & veggie or salad. Dessert & beverages are optional but appreciated. If including a dessert, please keep in mind that we cannot accept any spray nozzle whip cream cans (tubs of cool whip are acceptable).
- Before planning for and making your meal, be sure to check back on this page to see how many youth are staying at each location and if they have any food allergies or dietary restrictions (see below).
- There are kitchens at both locations for meals to be reheated, but bringing meals hot and ready to serve is always appreciated.
- Deliver your meal on your designated day to your designated location within the requested time frame. You will receive a reminder email 2 days in advance of your meal sign-up date with address, contact information, and delivery instructions for both locations.
Current Census, Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions:
- Chase House: 4 program participants and 2 staff (providing enough food for staff is optional but always appreciated)
- Allergies: none
- Dietary Preferences: Most youth currently dislike onions, mushrooms and olives.
- Youth are not eating many salads. Please consider making a veggie on the side instead
- The Source: 10 program participants and 2 staff (providing enough food for staff is optional but always appreciated)
- Allergies: 1 youth is allergic to tomatoes and wasabi. 1 youth is allergic to fish.
Thank you so much for your love and support, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
The TGTHR Team
Kathryn Quinn, Volunteer Manager
If you wish to order food from a local restaurant for your meal, consider supporting those restaurants that also support TGTHR: Cosmo’s Pizza, Proto’s, Lindsay’s Deli, Pasta Jay’s, T/aco, Ruthie's, Hapa on Pearl, Foolish Craigs, River and Woods, Snarfs, The Post, G&B Culinary, Dish Gourmet
|| Kathryn Quinn