Feed Louisville Kitchen Volunteers
Feed Louisville is dedicated to providing hot and healthy full meals to people who are houseless in our community. Our kitchen provides over 400 meals per day which are distributed directly to those living on the streets or in camps by our dedicated outreach team. We are proud to serve meals that you would be happy to have on your dinner table.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- We need people who can volunteer chunks of time from 1 hour to 6 hours. We have two shifts per day- 9a to 12pm or 12p to 3p.
- Join us whenever your schedule allows. We're fortunate to have volunteers who work several days a week for 3 hours a day, while others work 1-2 hours sporadically.
- Need to come a little late or leave a little early? No problem. Just sign up for the shift that most closely refelects your availability.
- Signing up ahead is very helpful BUT NOT REQUIRED.
- Feel free to show up anytime-if you’re in the area, we can always use the help!
- Work with a small team of volunteers working in the kitchen with an experienced lead cook
- Be involved in preparing and packaging healthy, tasty meals, snacks and sandwiches
- Help clean and handwash cookware, and organize the pantry.
- ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME. If you can peel a potato or sweep the floor, we can use your help.
COVID-19SAFE PRACTICES & HEALTH DEPT RULES
- Social distancing
- Mask required
- Limit of 6 people per shift
- The head cook will provide instructions to ensure compliance with health department rules.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Comfortable clothes and shoes that can get a little dirty
- A cloth or surgical mask
- Please bring an apron if you have one
WHERE TO PARK & ENTER
Douglass Boulevard Christian Church 2005 Douglass Blvd.
You can enter through the Family Life Center door or go around to the back of the building to the kitchen door.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Send e-mail to [email protected] or text Maz 502-727-0277 with any questions!