HC Road Crew
Below is the schedule for the HCMB season. Please sign up for a slot for each of the performances you can volunteer for the Road Crew. Please be aware that the time commitment is heavy. Below is a breakdown of a typical performance day. We need as many regular volunteers as possible, so that everyone is comfortable with their responsibilities:
Leaving for competitions:
- unload the prop trailer and prep it for competition travel.
- Band will rehearse
- Return and load the truck with the instruments (Pit Instruments inside the truck, Individual instruments under the truck in the belly boxes) and color guard gear.
- Retrieve and load the hospitality carts
- Retrieve and load the uniforms
- Load the three box trucks with props and other materials.
Travel to competition
- Unload all instruments, props and equipment and prepare them for performance.
- Assist the kids with pushing and pulling their instruments to the performance field.
- Bring all props to the field
- Remove all props from the field after performance
- Reload the trailer(s) just like we did at Clay.
- Return to HC
- Unload all band instruments (individual and pit instruments)
- Transfer field props to the fenced in area at HC
- Lock up and High-fives
- Go home hopefully at a decent hour!
|| Jonathan Livingood