Equinox Theatre Company
Equinox Theatre Company Announces Auditions for the Denver Premiere of:
Be More Chill
Music & Lyrics by Joe Iconis, Book by Joe Tracz, Based on the Novel by Ned Vizzini
Directed by Colin Roybal
Music Direction by Adam White
Equinox Theatre Company is excited to announce open auditions for the second show of its 11th season - the Denver premiere of Be More Chill. Auditions will be held March 9 from 10 AM to 1 PM at The Bug Theater, 3654 Navajo Street in Denver. Callbacks will be held March 10 from 10 AM to 2 PM also at the Bug Theatre.
Performances will be June 7 through 29 on Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 PM. There will also be one industry night TBD. Rehearsals will begin right away and will be held at The Bug Theatre with some rehearsals off-site at a church near Evans and University in Denver.
This is a non-equity production; a small stipend is paid at the end of the run.
Please note – you must be over 18 to audition for this production.
16 to 32 bars of a song in similar style to the show. No CDs or A Capella auditions, an accompanist will be provided. Please bring your headshot and resume along with all your conflicts through June 29, 2019.
About the show: Jeremy Heere is just an average teenager. That is, until he finds out about “The Squip” – a tiny supercomputer that promises to bring him everything he desires most: a date with Christine, an invite to the raddest party of the year and a chance to survive life in his suburban New Jersey high school. But is being the most popular guy in school worth the risk?
Seeking diverse actors of all types over the age of 18 to play the following roles.
- Jeremy Heere (M): Awkward High School Junior
- Christine Canigula (F): High School Theatre Girl, Sweetly Dorky
- Michael Mell (M): Jeremy’s music-obsessed best friend
- Jake Dillinger (M): High school awesomeness personified
- Rich (M): Five Feet Five Inches of Teenage Bully
- Chloe (F): The hottest girl in school, crass and confident
- Brooke (F): The second hottest girl in school, insecure
- Jenna Rolan (F) That girl who knows everyone’s business
- Jeremy’s Dad (M): Never wears pants. Also plays Mr. Reyes and Scary Stockboy
- The Squip (M): The Supercomputer in Jeremy’s Head
- Plus M and F Ensemble
The Bug Theatre