Mission and Outreach
Super Serve Saturday is BACK and better than EVER!
We have adapted to COVID so that people can still serve in meaningful ways to support local partnerships. There are family friendly options, no contact options, options to serve at home, and limited numbers to keep with COVID guidelines.
Brief descriptions of each of the partners/projects are below. For a detailed description for each place as well as safety measures taken - please visit http://hydeparkchurch.org/super-serve-saturday/
Wesley Chapel Mission in Over-the-Rhine
Make lunch for residents and staff at The Center for Respite Care
- At home with limited to no contact option
- Drop off part of the meal (entree, side, salad, dessert, drinks, etc) at Hyde Park Community UMC on Saturday at 11:00a. No contact option is to drop off the menu item on Friday in the Welcome Center
Write a Thanksgiving Greetings and/or decorate a card for the Thanksgiving Basket Project
- The Thanksgiving Basket Project will be different this year due to COVID-19, so our neighbors will be receiving Kroger gift cards instead of the traditional "Thanksgiving Basket." Since gift cards can be so impersonal we are adding a personal touch by putting the gift card in a card.
- We need people of ALL ages to write and/or decorate their Thanksgiving Greetings for 552 cards.
- This is a way you can serve from home! Card pick up/drop off is on the counter in the Welcome Center
Buy items for students and families at Rothenberg School
- We are collecting items for Rothenberg students and families the whole month of October. Drop off items anytime in October at the church's Social Hall to serve in this limited/no contact way.
- Here is the wish list of items we are collecting