Mission and Outreach
We have adapted to COVID so that people can still serve in meaningful ways to support local partnerships. There are family friendly options, no contact options, options to serve at home, and limited numbers to keep with COVID guidelines.
Brief descriptions of each of the partners/projects are below. For a detailed description for each place as well as safety measures taken - please visit http://hydeparkchurch.org/super-serve-saturday/
Wesley Chapel Mission in Over-the-Rhine
Make lunch for residents and staff at The Center for Respite Care
- At home with limited to no contact option
- Drop off part of the meal (entree, side, salad, dessert, drinks, etc) at Hyde Park Community UMC on Saturday at 11:00a. No contact option is to drop off the menu item on Friday by 6:00p in the Welcome Center kitchen or Saturday morning before the drop off time at 11:00a.
Landscaping and helping inside to transform a former church into a community center in Maineville
- 9:30a - 12:00p
- A team will work outside (child friendly and there is a playground) to do landscaping. Masks do not need to be worn outside while social distancing, please bring work gloves and water bottle. If you have landscaping tools (weeder, shovel, rake, limb cutters, etc.) please bring.
- The other team will be doing odd jobs inside the church (non skilled painting, organizing/packing, cleaning, etc) to prepare the place to be a community center. People will need to wear a mask inside and bring a water bottle.
Buy a coat for a child at Rothenberg School
- We are collecting coats in November for students at Rothenberg School.
- All sizes welcome (children and adults) since the school has Kindergarten to 6th grade students
- Drop off can happen anytime in the Social Hall at the church (9:00a - 5:00p daily)