We ask people to sign up to cook and or/serve food. We will be serving hot food to a group of 40 men at St. Mary's Church, 1831 Bainbridge. Food can be prepared in advance and dropped off at the Church on that day if you cannot serve. You are welcome to come and just serve food, even if you cannot bring any items. Please contact Alyssa Bailkin with questions.
Notes from the organizers of the Bethesda Project:
- St. Mary's Church Shelter is located at 1831 Bainbridge St. There is a parking lot next door that volunteers can use. When you park in the lot, please park as far back as possible and put a sign on your dashboard indicating that you are from Bethesda Project (this is a request from the owners of the lot).
- Volunteers should bring a holiday meal that is hot and ready to serve. There is NOT a place to heat food. Please refrain from serving any pork products. Please provide plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc.. There should be enough food for 40 men.
- Volunteers can arrive to St. Mary's at 7:30 pm and should plan to stay to 8:30 pm. There will be plastic gloves on-site for volunteers to wear as they serve the meal.
- There will be one staff person on-site during this volunteer event and can assist volunteers with any questions.
- There will be garbage bags on-site to throw away any trash.
- Teens can come with an adult.
6:30pm - 8:30pm EDT
St. Mary's Church, 1831 Bainbridge
|| Tovah Rosenthal