Family Promise of Hendricks County
We have had a lot of changes around here and we have finally moved our families into our new shelter house, Almost Home! We are so excited! Here are some important changes regarding dinners:
- We currently have 6 families needing nightly dinner. Please go by this info and not the family info that shows on the weekly Friday Flash newsletter, which sometimes might include families not staying at our shelter home.
- Currently, one of the families staying at the shelter has cultural dietary preferences that we are respecting, so he will cook his own food nightly, fyi.
- Our shelter home is located at: 7233 E. 300 S., Plainfield.
- Dinner time is scheduled at the house for 6pm. All families are encouraged to arrive by 6pm to have dinner but some people might arrive later. (The curfew at the shelter house is 8pm.) If some families do not eat at 6pm, they will reheat their food when they arrive.
- Please deliver the nightly dinners directly to our shelter home (7233 E. 300 S., Plainfield). Please place the dinners on the kitchen counter. You can drop dinner off at the shelter home any time. Our overnight staff will arrive at the house on at 6pm.
- There will be a lockbox on the door of the shelter house and the code is: 1119. You can use this code to get the key and let yourselves into the house if you arrive before staff.
- We will also need Sunday dinners provided now that we are out of hotels and into our shelter home. We will be reaching out to you prior to your week to see if you’re able to cover the Sunday preceding the week/days you signed up for. If you’re not able to squeeze the Sundays in, it’s fine and we will make other arrangements.
- We would love if your group is able to stay and eat and socialize with our sweet families! But you are not required to. You can either stay for dinner, etc., or just drop off the dinner, whichever works best for your group.
- Our shelter home is equipped with full kitchen including dining utensils, plates, cookware etc. Your group is also welcome to use the kitchen to cook the food if needed.
- The meals do not need to be separated anymore since all of our families will be in the same place now! We will list on the weekly family info (below) if there are any allergies.
- Here is link to recent meals served. Please copy/paste: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13IJkHRDRK3L3fLUp9MsA99UAE-Kt5Y5-Ho193XgiKgo/edit#gid=979995000
- Please comment on your signup (Signup Genius) with the dinner you’re planning on bringing so we can keep this list updated!
- Also, here is a link to our weekly grocery signup in case you’d like to bring extra groceries for the families during the week: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0C4EA5AF2BA6F58-food
- If you plan on bringing extra groceries, please deliver these to our resource center at 238 N. Vine St., Plainfield.
- You can email [email protected] or text/call 317-561-0198 with any questions.
- Thank you so much for taking care of our families!! We are so excited for this big change! Please help us by understanding this is a big transition and we are doing our best to cover all bases, but if you have any questions, please reach out!
- We couldn’t do this without all of your love, support, and generosity. Thank you so so much to your entire team and everyone who plays a part in this!
|| Melody Carlson