Wood Buffalo Food Bank Assocaiton
In response to the increasing demand for our services the Wood Buffalo Food Bank, with the assistance of its sponsors, is recruiting volunteers for their 5th Annual: SERVUS CREDIT UNION SPRING FOOD DRIVE with TRUCKS PROVIDED BY HERTZ.
The Servus Credit Union Spring Food Drive will be held April 6 & 7, 2019. Hertz has kindly provided trucks that will be stationed at local grocerystores, Walmart and Anzac Grocery Store throughout the event to collect much needed donations to help those in our community who cannot afford to feed themselves. The trucks will be positioned at the stores Saturday April 6, 2019 from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday April 7, 2019 from 9am to 7pm; and we need your help to man those trucks. At least three volunteers in varying shifts will man each truck to hand out shopping lists, collect food & cash, and document cash donations. We also need volunteers in the warehouse to help sort and put away food as it comes in. We hope to collect about 50,000 lbs. of food and $25,000.
We require 2 different types of volunteers for this event:
- Truck Volunteers: these volunteers will do 2-3 hours shifts (depending on day) working in teams of three. They will work directly at one of the 11 Driving Force Truck locations. They will;
- Hand out wish lists.
- Collect cash and gift cards and complete donor info for tax receipts.
- Collect and load food.
- Assist in the transfer of food to cube van when it come around.
- secure perishable donation in stores fridge till transport arrives.
- Food Bank Warehouse volunteer: these volunteers will do 4 hour shifts which will overlap for 2 hours each shift.
- Unload trucks
- Check for Perishables
- Weigh food
- Record weights
- Sort food
- Check expiry dates
- Stock Shelves
- Pack food for storage