Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Laurel
Worship in the Woods at EUMC
Thursday, July 2, 7-7:30 PM with Rev. Stephanie
Wednesday, July 8, 7-7:30 PM with Rev. Leo
We are excited to try some in-person worship at our refurbished Outdoor Worship Area in the Woods behind our parking lot at the end of the cemetery.
These two services will be our first attempts to have in-person worship. We will evaluate these services with feedback from those who attend and then determine if we will continue to offer Worship in the Woods.
YOU CANNOT ATTEND THESE SERVICES WITHOUT PRE-REGISTERING!
All of our virtual programming, including Sunday worship at 9 AM, will continue. Any in-person worship services we will offer will be in addition to, not in place of, our virtual Sunday service.
Needed: three GREETERS/USHERS for each service. If you are a greeter/usher you must arrive no later than 6:30 PM and be comfortable giving directions and enforcing our safety guidelines.
- You must preregister to attend. You must tell us exactly how many total adults and children age 12 and under are coming in your party. The number of attendees will be limited because of social distancing.
- Signing up does NOT mean you will be able to attend. A confirmation email will be sent to those who may attend the service.
- Your party will have assigned seating. If you would rather bring your own chair(s) and sit apart from the bench seats, that is fine! Please just let Becky know!
- You and everyone in your party must read and agree to follow all of our protocols for Outdoor Worship Services.
- By registering and participating in the Outdoor Worship Service, you and your party acknowledge that you may be exposed to COVID-19 and agree to hold Emmanuel UMC harmless.
- Those who may attend the service will be sent a confirmation email with instructions that will include an arrival time (a ten minute window). Your attendance means that everyone in your party agrees to follow the instructions and understands that they will be asked to leave if the instructions are not followed.
- There will be NO BATHROOM FACILITIES available during these services.
- We love having children in worship, but because of the pandemic, they must be supervised and with their adults at all times.
- Everyone MUST wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth the entire time they are outside of their vehicles. Practice doing this before you come, especially if you are bringing young children.
- Everyone MUST practice social distancing at all times.
- You must give us a contact phone number in case we need to do contact tracing.
- YOU CANNOT ATTEND THESE SERVICES WITHOUT PRE-REGISTERING. You may only attend if you receive a confirmation email, which will contain more information about safety requirements and protocols.
EUMC Outdoor Worship Area
|| Becky Barbusca