Children's Hospital Colorado Blood Donor Center
The Meadows Neighborhood Company will be hosting a Children's Colorado blood drive on Monday, November 7 from 8:30AM-12:15PM.
Location: The Meadows Neighborhood Company | 3692 Meadows Blvd. | Castle Rock CO 80109 | MAP | The mobile unit will be located in the parking lot for The Meadows Neighborhood Company
Donating blood doesn't take long or cost money, but it makes a big difference. Every year at Children's Hospital Colorado, sick and injured kids receive more than 8,000 units of lifesaving blood products.
We need at least 28 donors on the schedule to meet the surgery and transfusion needs of our patients.
The process takes about 45 minutes total, from arrival, paperwork, a brief interview to the actual blood draw. If you are able to donate, please select an appointment time on the sign-up below.
Wearing a mask will be required for all donors and staff while on the mobile bus.
Please review the eligibility questions below. If your answer is YES to any to the following statements, you might not be eligible to donate. Please call (720) 777-5398 to review your eligibility.
- In the past 3 months, have you traveled out of the U.S or Canada?
- Have you received a tattoo and/or piercing in the last 3 months that was not applied by a state regulated entity or with sterile needles?
- Are you currently taking antibiotics?
- Have you received a shingles shot in the last 4 weeks?
- Within the past 12 months have you been under a doctor's care for something non-routine or have had a surgery?
- Do you weigh less than 110 pounds?
- Are you under 18 years of age?
- Are you currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or feeling unwell?
DO NOT Donate Blood IF in the past 10 days you have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 or you are currently ill with respiratory symptoms.
Click HERE to learn about COVID-19 and to view The Colorado Department of Health's COVID-19 symptoms list.
If you think you should not donate based on the above information, please do not sign-up to donate at this time.
- Hydrate and eat a full meal an hour or two before donating
- Bring your government issued ID
- Please wear a mask or cloth face covering to your donation appointment.
- We will have snacks available before and after your donation.
We ask that you provide a phone number so that we may quickly reach you in the event of an emergency or other unintended occurrence.
Know that 45 minutes of your time could mean a lifetime to a child.
Your donation will make an incredible difference for our patients and families every day. Without blood, we would not be able to perform many lifesaving procedures.
To view other Children's Colorado blood donation opportunities, click HERE
If you are able to donate, please select an appointment time on the sign-up below. Date: