Children's Hospital Colorado Blood Donor Center
The Blood Donor Center at Children's Colorado will be hosting a Children's Hospital Colorado Mobile Blood drive on Monday November 18 2019 from 7:00am to 2:30pm. Please help meet the transfusion needs of our patients! We need at least 28 donors on the schedule to meet the hospital’s surgery and transfusion needs.
You may be eligible to donate blood if you:
- Are in good health
- Have not donated blood in the last 56 days
- Are symptom free of a cold or flu
- Are at least 18 years of age, or 17 with written parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not delivered a baby in the last six weeks
- Have no history of, or risk factors for, HIV/AIDS
- Have not had any tattoos or body piercings within the last year
- Have not traveled to a malaria risk area within the last year
- Answer a series of medical history/lifestyle questions which determine eligibility
- Please remember to bring your Government Issued ID (driver's license or passport) to each donation
There are plenty of available appointments if you would be interested in donating, click the sign up link below. The process takes about 30 to 45 minutes total, from arrival, paperwork, a brief interview to the actual blood draw.
Your contribution makes an incredible difference for our patients and families every day. Without blood, we would not be able to perform many lifesaving procedures.
Remember to have something to eat and hydrate beforehand, we will have snacks available after your donation! Bring your government issued ID and know that 30 minutes of your time could mean a lifetime to a child.
location: The Donor center at Children's Colorado :: 13123 East 16th Ave., Aurora CO 80045 :: MAP
Note: We ask that you provide a phone number so that we may quickly reach you should your blood drive be canceled due to inclement weather, mechanical issues on our mobile blood bus or other unintended event.
Blood Donation Eligibility or Process Questions? Call 720-777-5398
To view other drives in the Denver metro area, visit: http://www.childrenscolorado.org/donate-volunteer/give-blood/mobile-blood-drive
Blood Donation Appointment