Serving as an usher for one or more of our performances can be a very rewarding experience. Ushers serve as our ambassadors to our patrons. They greet people as they enter our theatre, take tickets, distribute playbills, assist patrons with finding their seats, serve concessions, assist at special events and receptions, etc. We request that our ushers be willing to do the following:
- Arrive at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before the performance that you'll be ushering. Note: the shifts lifted below INCLUDE this time, so just work the shift as scheduled.
- Wear a white blouse or button-up dress shirt, black dress pants/skirt, and black dress shoes. Click here to see an example.
- Work at intermission
- Stay for at least 15 minutes after the performance to assist with clean-up and preparation for the next performance
- Have a pleasant and welcoming demeanor towards our patrons
- Bring a can-do attitude and willingness to help
Those who usher get an opportunity to see the performance at no charge and get an insider's view at how Theatre Tuscaloosa works. A brief orientation is conducted by the House Manager prior to each performance, so no prior experience is required.
|| Theatre Tuscaloosa