Little Pantry Caretakers
Check and Refill Westminster's Little Pantry in Graham School Parking Lot
The church maintains a stock of items for filling the pantry, supplied by donations. You are welcome to fill the pantry from these (call the church office to be let in) or bring your own donations.
- Ensure pantry is well-stocked (we keep it about 1/2 - 3/4 full).
- Ensure pantry is clean, bug-free and nicely organized.
- Ensure nothing inappropriate or no longer usable (expired food, etc.) is left there.
- For filling the pantry: Canned non-perishable foods, paper products, baby food, feminine hygiene products, baby diapers, dog or cat food (placed under the pantry in plastic bags or plastic containers), children's activity books, crayons, books, etc. (dollar stores are good places to shop). Try to make sure there is a good variety rather than too much of one thing.
- For cleaning and maintenance: gloves and sanitizer wipes (there are sanitizer wipes at Westminster you can use if you return them), extra plastic grocery bags to use to remove goods not appropriate or in good condition. (Also, make sure some grocery bags are left in the pantry for use by people taking food.)
If any problems arise or you have questions, please contact anyone on the Mission and Community Service Committee or the church office. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our neighbors!
Thank you for keeping up this valuable ministry to the community!
Little Pantry, Graham Elementary School, Cook Street, Springfield