Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Time to Deliver: Be there between 5-5:30 p.m. at 1023 E. Washington St.
- Meal Served: 6 p.m.
- Quantity: Always bring enough for 50-55 big, grown men.
- Parking: At the front (the Southside of building)
- Building Access: Knock on double doors.
- Dishes: Bring food in Disposable container or you can bring your own dish and come pick it up later. They will wash it for you.
- Daytime Contact: Tom Girard - 217-299-4618 or Erica Smith (Director of Shelter & Support Services) – number 522-0048. Extension (2) -- oryou can press “0” and anyone can answer.
- Westminster will provide the necessary paper goods, cups, and plastic tableware. Please let the office or Gary know when you would like to pick the container up. Please return the plastic container back to the office for the next month’s meal.
- The kitchen is available for use, when available. Please plan for extra time on that Friday to prep and prepare meals when using the WPC kitchen. Plan to load the food at 4:45.
- Marc Anderson provides milk and will deliver it directly to Helping Hands.
- Plan for hearty meals.
- Salads and Fruits are received well.
- The individuals love most anything, but really appreciate “homemade” type items.
- Crock Pot soups, chicken/beef and noodles, sloppy joes, tacos, pulled pork are commonly served. Spaghetti is served a lot, so you might consider opting for something else.* Note – you can drop off multiple crockpots/slow cookers to cook during the day of the meal. Please call Erica to arrange this.
- If you have bowls of cold salads, they can be dropped off early to chill in their refrigerator.
- Will accept delivered or catered items from the various grocery stores/restaurants, but you will need to arrange the delivery directly with Tom.
- Reimbursement is available upon request. Please submit receipts.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Helping Hands, 1023 E. Washington Street