Willmar UMC past FP volunteers
Family Promise will be hosted Feb 24 -Mar 3 @ the Willmar United Methodist Church, 1818 SW 9th Street, Willmar, Mn.
The following positions are needed for a successful week of hosting.
1. Weekly Shopper #1 will purchase evening and night snacks plus items for a quick breakfast. This may be done anytime at the volunteers convenience, but must be completed by Sunday evening at the beginning of the week of hosting. A shopping list will be provided by Susan Cafferty. Stop by the church for the list as well as a gift card to cover expenses. Return items to the church .
Weekly Shopper #2 Check on the supply level about Wednesday of the hosting week. Replenish supplies as needed and check the request list of the guests found on the kitchen island. You may ask for a gift card, or you will be reimbursed after submitting a receipt.
2. Assemble the guest rooms. Occurs after the last church activity of the opening Sunday. Place furniture, linens, garbage can and hygiene sock in each room. Cover the door window into each room for guest privacy. Look in the resource room for materials. Must be completed on Sunday after Sunday school and prior to guest arrival at approximately 5:30 pm. Church coordinator should know the number of guests and the rooms we will be using.
3. Provide a meal for the guest family(ies). Serving at 6 pm. You will determine your own menu, procure the necessary supplies, and clean up the kitchen . 2-3 persons are recommended. When you sign up for this task make sure main entree is listed in the comments section. Number of guests will vary but plan for a couple of extras as numbers change quickly.
4. Evening Host approximately 2.0 hours. 6:30- 8:00 pm. 1-2 persons dependent upon the number of guests. The primary responsibility is to have someone in the church at all times to assist famliy(ies) with any needs they may have. Many families choose to use this time for themselves and do not utilize the help of an activity host. If this is the case find a quiet place that you may wait and let guests know where you are at. You may come earilier and eat with the families or introduce yourself upon arrival. You are the bridge between dinner and when the overnighter arrives. When the overnighter arrives please introduce them to our guests. Games, reading, a trip to the playground, walking or puzzles are good evening activities.
5. Overnight security host. Spend the night at the church. Provide assistance to the family if need arises. Approx 8pm to 6:45 am. 2 persons /night is ideal, however, 1 person is also acceptable. One overnighter will need to be the AM driver to transport family to the Presbyterian Church Day Center. If this is not possible inform the church coordinator that you are unable to drive. A room will be set up for your use, however, any other location you find is also acceptable. Bring your pillow, a sleeping bag, blanket, or linens can be provided if necessary.
6. Drivers to transport the families from the church to the day center at the Presbyterian church. Morning driver will be one of the overnight hosts. Evening driver picks up van at the church and provides transportation for the family back to the host church. The opening Sunday night driver must pick up the van at the day center. You will need two persons that night, one to drive the van and one to take the drivers own vehicle back to the church. Keys for the van in the office of the day center, ring the bell at the door and someone will assist you. Evening pick up at the day center should be approximately 5:00 pm and morning drop off is approximately 7:00 am. Keys at the church can be found in the Family Promise mailbox across from the office. Should you require fuel during the week, please refuel at Walt's and ask that the purchase be charged to Family Promise of Kandiyohi County.
7. Disassemble the guest room(s) and the overnight host room. Arrive @ 8:00 am the final Sunday of our hosting week. Store all supplies on the lower level education wing stairwell and bag all laundry. Laundry should be placed by Susan Cafferty's office door. Items must be removed from rooms Sunday morning prior to Sunday School.
8, Laundry - you guessed it, the task is as exactly as the name implies. The amount of laundry is directly related to the number of guests. Pick up a bag of laundry outside Susan Cafferty's office after services on the final Sunday of our hosting week. You may take one or all of the bags. Return the clean linens to the same location sometime in the next two weeks.
Please volunteer by scrolling down, choosing the activity you wish to volunteer for by checking(multiple selections are fine) the yellow box, and then clicking the submit button at the end of the page. Thank you for your help.
|| Working Together