HDFFA Harvest Team
Join the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance for a harvesting event Wednesday, September 14th from 9:00am - 12:00 pm at Rainshadow Organics in Sisters, OR! Please plan to arrive promptly at 9:00 am. All produce harvested will be part of HDFFA's Grow & Give program and be distributed through NeighborImpact, our local food bank network. Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the farm. Volunteers may also have the opportunity to take produce home as a thank you for all your hard work! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Clothing: Wear clothes that are okay to get dirty, are appropriate for farmwork, and keep you sun protected (hats, sunglasses, sunscreen encouraged). Please check the weather prior to the event so you know what types of layers will be needed.
- Footwear: Close-toe shoes are best but sturdy sandals are okay. Shoes may get dirty and wet.
- Gardening Gloves: HDFFA has some available, please bring your own if you have them!
- Bring Water Bottles to stay hydrated: Water bottle refill station may be available.
- Family Friendly: Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times
- Bring a bag to take veggies home
Address: Rainshadow Farm Store, 71290 Holmes Road, Sisters OR, 97759
From Redmond: Take 97 North towards Terrebone. Turn left onto NW Lower Bridge Way/Lower Bridge Market Rd and stay on for 10.6 miles. Then turn left onto Holmes Road and the destination wil be on your left. Look for the NeighborImpact box truck and park at the farm store where we will meet and discuss the harvest plan for the day.
Call Abigail at (541) 610-6046 if you have any questions or need additional assistance with directions.
9:00am - 12:00pm PDT
71290 Holmes Rd, sisters, OR 97759