HDFFA Harvest Team
The High Desert Food & Farm Alliance & Central Oregon Locavore are teaming up to host a potato gleaning event at Casad Family Farms! All produce harvested will be distributed through NeighborImpact, our local food bank network of over 50 food access agencies. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to take potatoes home as a thank you for all your hard work! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Masks: Due to the Oregon mask mandate, masks will be required for this event when volunteers are not physically distanced from others
- Clothing: Wear clothes that are okay to get dirty, are appropriate for farmwork, and keep you sun protected (hats, sunglasses, sunscreen encouraged). Please check the weather prior to the event so you know what types of layers will be needed.
- Footwear: Close-toe shoes are best but sturdy sandals are okay. Shoes may get dirty and wet.
- Gardening Gloves: There will be a very limited amount of gloves available for volunteers to borrow. To guarentee you have a pair, please bring your own.
- Bring Water Bottles & a Lunch/Snack: Water bottle refill station will be available.
- Family Friendly: Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times
- Bring a bag to take home potatoes
9:00am - 1:00pm PDT
Casad Family Farms
2595 NW Elm Ln, Madras, OR 97741