Join the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance for a harvesting event at Golden Eagle Organics! We will be harvesting around 350 heads of lettuce. All produce harvested will be part of HDFFA's Grow & Give program and be distributed through NeighborImpact, our local food bank network. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to take a bag of greens home as a thank you for all your hard work! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
1. Date/Time: Tuesday, July 13th @ 8:30 am
2. Location: Golden Eagle Organics- 62900 Eagle Rd, Bend, OR 97701
3. We will be harvesting between 300-350 heads of lettuce. Produce harvested will be distributed through NeighborImpact, the regional foodbank network.
4. Weather: Expected to be between 70-75 degrees
5. Recommendations for harvesting events:
- Clothing: clothing that is okay to get dirty, appropriate for the task at hand- farmwork, and keeps you cool or sun protected (hats, sunglasses encouraged)
- Footwear: closetoed is best but sturdy sandals are okay. Shoes may get dirty and wet.
- Gardening gloves: HDFFA has some available to borrow but you are also welcome to bring your own if you like to wear them in the field
- Tools: We will have harvesting knives available but you are also welcome to bring your own!
- Water: Bring water and take breaks to drink often. We will have water available to refill water bottles but will not have bottles themselves available.
8:30am - 10:00am PDT
Golden Eagle Organics
62900 Eagle Rd, Bend, OR 97701