HDFFA Harvest Team
Join the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance for a carrot harvesting event Wednesday, November 17th from 11:00 am -2:00 pm at Boundless Farmstead! All produce harvested will be part of HDFFA's Grow & Give program and be distributed through NeighborImpact, our local food bank network. Many of the carrots harvested will be part of Holiday Food Boxes given out throughout Central Oregon during the week of Thanksgiving. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to take produce home as a thank you for all your hard work! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Masks: Due to the Oregon mask mandate, masks will be required for this event when volunteers are not physically distanced from others
- Clothing: Wear clothes that are okay to get dirty, are appropriate for farmwork, and keep you sun protected (hats, sunglasses, sunscreen encouraged). Please check the weather prior to the event so you know what types of layers will be needed.
- Footwear: Close-toe shoes are best but sturdy sandals are okay. Shoes may get dirty and wet.
- Gardening Gloves & Harvest Knives: HDFFA has some available, please bring your own if you have them!
- Bring Water Bottles: Water bottle refill station will be available.
- Family Friendly: Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times
- Bring a bag to take veggies home
11:00am - 2:00pm PST
25360 Walker Rd, Bend, OR 97701