All HFH Contacts
Welcome to our new SIGNUP!
Please scroll down to view this weeks schedule and availability and select a day! Call a friend and spend a day with Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity!
or call Pam 941-639-3162 Volunteer Coordinator
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions and the schedule of tasks. As plans progress, we will add more information on how to get registered for the various phases of the job,
What should I wear?
- Closed toed shoes
- Appropriate clothing - no provocative slogans
- A hat - you will be mostly working outside
What should I bring?
- A great attitude is the most important
- Bug spray
- A chair to take a rest
What about tools?
- Tools are provided, but you can bring your own hammer
Should I bring food and drinks?
- Water is provided
- Bring your own lunch and drinks
What are the hours?
- Starting time is 8:50am - a safety talk will be given each day
- Finishing time will be by 3:00 pm
- If you need to leave early, let us know
Who will tell us what to do?
- Habitat for Humanity will provide the construction manager(s)
- The construction manager is the boss - follow their instructions since they have done this many times before
Do I need to sign up for the entire project?
- No, sign up for the day and task that you feel qualified for.
- You can sign up for multiple days
Will it be the same people each day?
- No, some days there will be 20 people, others it may be only 5. It all depends on the task.
- Names will be added for each day up to the number of volunteers needed for the task.
- Once the total number of volunteers for the task are reached, we will create an alternatives list in case a person can not make it
How do I sign up?
- A call for volunteers will be made in July 2018
- Follow the link in this email to SIGNUP GENIUS and select the days you can volunteer
- Afterwards, contact Pam at 941-639-3162 extension 114
Due to the unpredictable nature of construction work,dates and/or tasks in this construction timeline are subject to change. All volunteers are required to complete and submit a Volunteer Application/Release of Waiver and Liability before entering the construction site.Please provide your completed volunteer application to Habitat's Site Supervisor upon arrival to the construction site or use our new online application located on our website at: http:www.charlotecountyhfh.org/volunteer and scroll to the bottom of the page.
|| Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity