Volunteer Opportunities at Galatas!
Volunteer’s Procedure for Lost and Found
- Please arrive at the school on your assigned day allowing enough time to sort and distribute lost items with labels to students.
- The Lost and Found rack is located in the gym, either on the stage or in the storage room. If you are unable to find it, Coach Anderson can show you where it is located.
- Bring several bins or garbage bags with you.
- Sort through all the items, including clothing, water bottles, hats, hair bows, etc. Empty water bottles of contents.
- Any item that has a label in/on it must be retained.
- All unlabelled items can be placed in the bin / garbage bag.
- Take all labelled items and see Mrs. Curtis in the front office.
- Read each name to Mrs. Curtis and she will tell you what grade section the student is in.
- Bring the lost item to each student's classroom. There is usually a desk or table outside the door of the 3rd and 4th grade classrooms. You may place the item on the table and the homeroom teacher will pick it up and give it to the student. For Kinder through 2nd grade, hand the item to the student's teacher.
- All unlabelled clothing items are to be laundered and taken to the Interfaith's Hand Me Up Shop.
- All unlabelled water bottles, hair bows, hats etc. can be placed in the trash.
Lost and Found Clothing Rack
|| Galatas Elementary