Thank you for signing up for this special move of our school. Here are a few reminders and requests to help make this process go smoothly.
*Update: Aug 13-17*
This week especially is going to be busy on our new campus since they are beginning paving (and the prep work) all this week. This means we cannot use our Mill Station Rd entrance (from 116). Instead, you will come onto campus on Hurlbut Ave (from 116, it's the intersection near Lucky's). There are actually two driveways on Hurlbut, one will have a sign that says do not enter and the other will have no gate. Please use the no gate entrance. Please park only on dirt (not the gravel) by the classrooms or out of the way, there are a lot of empty dirt fields. As always, you can call/text me if it's confusing - 415.533.3627.
1) If you have a dolly, wagon, cart or any other special moving apparatus that is useful, please bring it! We may also need to load up vehicles to drive it near the classroom to unload.
2) Please bring tools if possible. You may be asked to install a chalkboard or secure bookshelves to walls - or whatever else that may come up!
3) Parking: Please see above.
4) Wear closed toe shoes.
5) If you decide to not come on the day you signed up for, please cancel/delete so I know not to wait for you. If there is a possibility of leaving before the 3pm time, I will take it :)
6) Do not drive on any asphalt sidewalks, it will damage them and the crews will have to re-pave them.
1) If you are bringing kids, please be aware that there is still A LOT of construction work that is happening. Construction crews will be working while we are moving. This also means uneven ground, ditches, tools, big machinery, etc to look out for.
2) Please pay attention to the moving label that is on the box or furniture. It is very important that we bring the right things to the right classroom.
3) Not every classroom is completed. I am planning on being there everyday, but just in case you miss me, only the rooms with the salmon pink labels near the door are move-in ready.
4) Each teacher is creating a classroom map that will be posted inside the classroom. Please organize the classroom based on that map (i.e. where to set up student desks, bookcases, etc.)
If you cannot stay the entire day, please indicate what hours you are available in the comment section. Any questions, please contact Carrie Vazquez at [email protected] or use my cell for day of questions, 415-533-3627.
I look forward to working with you all!
|| Carrie Vazquez