The Children's Hunger Project
Hello and thank you for volunteering to pack food for The Children's Hunger Project! We ask kindly that you read over this section as it contains valuable information that will help guide you through a safe, fun, and rewarding packing event!
Event Date: Saturday 11/20/2021
Event Times: 8am to 12:30pm (see below for breakdown of shift times):
- 8am - Early Volunteer Staff for first shift arrival and training
- 8:30am - 9:00 am - Participants are arriving during this time and going through the check-in process.
- 9am - First shift begins
- 10am - First shift ends (please exit through the designated side door)
- 10am - Early Volunteer Staff for second shift arrival and training
- 10am - 10:30am - participants are arriving during this time and going through the check-in process.
- 10:30am - Second shift begins
- 11:30am - Second shift ends (please exit through the designated side door)
- 11:30am - 12:30pm - Clean up shift
Position Specific Volunteers Needed:
- Check-In – 8 Volunteers needed. These individuals will also serve as replenishers and recyclers behind the packing lines after check-in is complete. Each will be assigned a specific line.
- Stationary Replenishers – 8 Volunteers needed. These individuals will work behind the packing lines. Each will be assigned a specific line.
- Boxers – 12 Volunteers needed. These individuals will be assigned to a specific line and will help pack the boxes, tape the boxes shut, and move the boxes from the packing line to a designated area. Please note: must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Assembly Line Food Packers: 80 Volunteers needed. There will be 8 packing lines. Each person will be assigned a line and a stationary spot at their own 6’ table. The food bags will move down the line (volunteers will not move).
Health & Safety Guidelines
We have guidelines into place for your packing event to keep everyone safe. Take a moment to read over our Best Practice below so you know what to expect.
- Masks are recommended during the event.
- Gloves are not mandatory but will be provided.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone who has been sick or awaiting test results.
- Please wear close toed shoes for packings.
- Packing lines will be santized after each packing shift.
- Please practice good hand washing.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the event.
Please contact TCHP if you have any questions or if you need assistance to register for the event.
Community Outreach Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
1855 W. King Street
Cocoa, FL 32926 Map Date:
|| Sydney Spradlin